Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 8 replacement pending for over a month

[ New ]

I used my 6 month old Hero 8 for a waterskiing run and it took in water. GoPro agreed to send a replacement, and I mailed the product back to them as asked and they receeived it on July 14, 2020. The website states the product replacemnt as pending still more then a month later when it was told to me it would be 3-5 business days of return for time to ship after they received it.

Calling in has been a frustrating experience. GoPro tells me the pandemic is the cause and they don't have stock - which is odd as their own website has the units for sale (at significantly marked down prices) and immediate shipment. 

As this is my action shooting season I asked for a refund and the option to either buy a new one from them or go to my local Bestbuy and get from them as they both have stock. They would not honour this request. Frustrated I am dealing with a company with a $785 million market cap who don't take care of their loyal customers when they provide a faulty product.

Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 replacement pending for over a month

[ New ]

Sinc tehir stock was low at the time and o tehrs ahead of you, that be my guess.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am in the exact same position. GoPros response and customer service have been atrocious.

GoPro has my money and my camera. Inconsistent information is all I receive

This is especically frustrtaing because GoPro is selling Hero 8s right now but somehow they cannot replace the faulty products they have claims against?

What a joke of a Company and way to treat your customers. 

@swiftpeak64177 wrote:

I used my 6 month old Hero 8 for a waterskiing run and it took in water. GoPro agreed to send a replacement, and I mailed the product back to them as asked and they receeived it on July 14, 2020. The website states the product replacemnt as pending still more then a month later when it was told to me it would be 3-5 business days of return for time to ship after they received it.

Calling in has been a frustrating experience. GoPro tells me the pandemic is the cause and they don't have stock - which is odd as their own website has the units for sale (at significantly marked down prices) and immediate shipment. 

As this is my action shooting season I asked for a refund and the option to either buy a new one from them or go to my local Bestbuy and get from them as they both have stock. They would not honour this request. Frustrated I am dealing with a company with a $785 million market cap who don't take care of their loyal customers when they provide a faulty product.

Tourist

[ New ]

That is certainly the message they give but they're also continuing to sell brand new cameras.

Whats up with that? Sell more faulty products to unsuspecting Vloggers and deal with the aftermath later?