Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 not sending HDMI to tv

I do not understand why my new hero 8 ius not sending video to the television throught the USB-c / Mini HDMI port. I read that it may be that you have to spend and ADDITIONAL $100 for some media mod to get the same functionality of the older version of this device.   This is my second GoPro camera.  When you got rid of your decent editing software in favor of this quik junk, I swore it would be my last.  The specs for this camera were great so I decided to take another look.  Now that I see you do not give a rats about your customers and only want to try and keepthis failing company afloat I will not be purchasing another GoPro product.  DJI is so close on your heals that it's not even funny.  

If anyone has a way to connect this camera to my television without spending an additional $100 please let me know, thanks.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 8 not sending HDMI to tv

The GoPro Hero 8 does not support video over USB-C port (there is no Mini HDMI port on the camera itself).  To get video out you need to purchase a media mod for $75.

There is no other way to connect the camera to your TV to get a video signal from the camera.  However you can always remove the SD card from your camera and just put it in your laptop or PC and run a cable from there to a tv.  This will give you far better video control and image control anyway.

Highlighted
Tourist

of COURSE IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There is no intelligence to the $100 MEDIA MOD that all of a sudden magically creates an HDMI connection to the television, there is nothing to the MEDIA MOD other than enabling a software feature.  USB-C Is completely compatible with HDMI. IT IS MINI HDMI x 2

Highlighted
Nomad

Then since you know everything, you should have no issues getting your USB-C hooked up to your TV via HDMI even though this doesn't work for anyone else. Good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!  (some more free exclaimations marks for you!!!!!!!!!!!!)