Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 8 not connecting to new PC

[ New ]

I purchased a brand new laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 and is current with all updates. For some reason, my Hero 8 will not connect to it. I can see it listed in the Devices and Printers page but it does not appear as a storage device in the This PC page. I specifically purchased this computer to edit my GoPro footage and it is very frustrating that it wont connect to it. I have a 10 year old computer that had no issues recognizing the camera but was very bad at processing the footage. This is why i purchased the new computer. I have checked all of my drivers which are up to date as well. I have removed the battery and memory card on the camera with negative results. I even formatted the memory card on the camera again with negative results. I also restarted the computer and no luck. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 not connecting to new PC

[ New ]

Hi @interceptor0422

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable"

You may also check How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @interceptor0422

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable"

You may also check How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

@interceptor0422 wrote:

I purchased a brand new laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 and is current with all updates. For some reason, my Hero 8 will not connect to it. I can see it listed in the Devices and Printers page but it does not appear as a storage device in the This PC page. I specifically purchased this computer to edit my GoPro footage and it is very frustrating that it wont connect to it. I have a 10 year old computer that had no issues recognizing the camera but was very bad at processing the footage. This is why i purchased the new computer. I have checked all of my drivers which are up to date as well. I have removed the battery and memory card on the camera with negative results. I even formatted the memory card on the camera again with negative results. I also restarted the computer and no luck. Please help!

i had the same problem and i solved it,  you can resolve this problem  if you buy a USB C 3.1 gen 2 cable. With this cable you can see or download in your new laptop your files from gopro camera.

Nomad

[ New ]

with new usb c 3.1 cable my hero 8 is visible in windows (files) explorer like : MTP USB Device not like Gopro Hero 8 but isn't a problem, i can see or download video files from camera to my laptop , only problem is Quick app because quick dont see camera, for editting video in quick app you must add video files manually to this app