Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 not connecting to GPS

totally agree .

Highlighted
Nomad

I'm sure GoPro engineers have solved this already, but a large company usually launches software updates in much longer cycles than a solo developer like myself can. I think we should expect a fix to this issue after the holidays. But I'm just guessing.
Highlighted
Adventurer

I requested for the GPS stickes t obe in order then Random on the App, within hours they done it.  So with the GPS.  I se ethe Resolving the issue and  posting an Update, should not taken over a year.  This Issue was when they Released the Hero 7 and followed  with the Hero 8.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Those are two different problems.

- When the Hero7 (and previous) videos do not display gauges it's because of the GPS quality threshold. Quik does not WANT to display the data in case it's too inaccurate. GoPro will probably not fix that.

- With the Hero8 and Max, the problem is different. The data encoding has changed in the firmware and Quik is not ABLE to read the data. I'm sure this will get fixed at some point after the holidays.

And if I can solve the problem, I'm sure GoPro engineers can solve it too.