Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 no longer uploading media with any method

I am unable to transfer my photos and videos through any method. The app is no longer detecting new media so I’m unable to upload anything to my phone. Usually I use an SD adapter for my Mac and I am able to transfer all my files, but none of the new media is appearing, only old content. I’ve also tried Image Capture by plugging my camera into my computer and uploading that way, but only old media is appearing. Tried updating the software but it made no difference. Don’t really know what to do at this point because and I’m really disappointed because this thing cost a lot but is essentially a paper weight at this point.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 no longer uploading media with any method

reset the camera.  Try again. if you do not know how, ask.

Highlighted
Tourist

That was the first thing I tried.
Highlighted
Adventurer

thank you. try a different cable. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Also does not work. It's strange beause I took some new photos to test if they will upload and they do via SD Card but not to the app. None of the media from the last months ago and the test photos I just took will appear anywhere, except when viewing content on the camera.

Highlighted
GoPro

@craigw2552, are you able to see the media files while your camera is connected? Under the camera control tab, tap on the "View Media" button to see the files directly from the SD card. See How to View, Copy, and Delete Media Using the GoPro App for more information. 

If the media files were already in the GoPro App but they're not showing on the most recent files' list, browse through the GoPro App's media list and see if the recent media files are just dated incorrectly. Also, in the GoPro App's media tab, tap on the arrows icon at the top-left (iOS) / top-right (Android) corner of the screen and select to sort the files by "Download Date."