Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 8 live stream to business facebook page

HELP!  How do I live stream from my Hero 8 to my business Facebook page?  When I open the GoPro App it only offers me the choices of private, public and friends?  Where is "select another Facebook page?"  This is the only reason I bought a GoPro . . . to Live Stream to my business page!  How could the GoPro app miss this?  Has anyone found a work-around?  If I can't find a solution, I will need to return the Hero8 and all the accessories I have bought and look for another camera -- what a hassle!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 live stream to business facebook page

@smc580, be sure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your device. The GoPro App for iOS mobile devices has the option to Live Stream to a Facebook page that you manage. On the Set Up Live Stream screen, you'll have the option to select your Facebook Page under the "share to" section. 

As for live streaming to a Facebook Group, this can be done through RTMP Link. 

If you're using an Android mobile device, several users were able to live stream to a Facebook Page or Group via RTMP URL. Check out this thread for more information about their workflow: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-live-stream-to-Facebook-PAGE/td-p/241196/page/2 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Stream and see where it goes to. and that is where it  works.   

Highlighted
GoPro

@smc580, be sure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your device. The GoPro App for iOS mobile devices has the option to Live Stream to a Facebook page that you manage. On the Set Up Live Stream screen, you'll have the option to select your Facebook Page under the "share to" section. 

As for live streaming to a Facebook Group, this can be done through RTMP Link. 

If you're using an Android mobile device, several users were able to live stream to a Facebook Page or Group via RTMP URL. Check out this thread for more information about their workflow: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-live-stream-to-Facebook-PAGE/td-p/241196/page/2