Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

[ Edited ]

This has just started happening to my camera. I can't turn the thing off, because it keeps turning itself back on again. Pulling the battery out and putting it back again fixed the issue, at least for the meantime.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Bonjour, J'ai le meme propbleme sur ma gopro Hero8 que je viens de vouloir reutiliser aujourd'hui. Impossible de l'arreter completement. Elle redemarre à chaque fois. J'ai bien la verison fw v1.60.

Option Control Vocal: Non (off)

Option Connexions sans fil: Non (off)

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @heroicbeac0420 (also @noblelift67). Would you have the case number for your interaction with Support? We would like to see what has been done with the issue you raised so we can help further. We used your profile information in the Hub but we are not able to pull up any record with Support. 

@mxmark. Our Email Support has long been discontinued. The team can be reached by chat or callback request. Have you been provided a case number when you reached out to Support? 

@pauls06 and @snowyrange742. Have you already been able to perform the recommended troubleshooting steps including a manual firmware update and reset of your camera's Wi-Fi settings? Will you be able to post a clip showing the issue? We tested with a HERO8 Black with the same settings as you indicated but we are not able to replicate the issue - even with a mobile phone nearby that has its Bluetooth/Wi-Fi enabled. 

Highlighted
Tourist

My case # 07611568. I have verified that it does not power itself on when using the app on my tablet running android 9. Only happens on my Galaxy S8 which also runs Android 9. That's why I don't feel like it's a hardware issue, and why I don't want to go through with the hassle of a warranty claim. Using the app on my tablet however is not a viable option for me, so I'm currently unable to use the camera as intended.
Highlighted
Tourist

Wow,@mariustanya, you are acting like you are actually going to do something about this? Thanks for looking in to this. Too bad none of the other administrators cared to do anything several months ago. I've discouraged several people from getting the 8 because of this issue.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @heroicbeac0420. Did you receive the email from Support yesterday with instructions to upload a video/clip showing the issue? Once they have it, they will be raising the concern to the dev team for a closer look. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I will try and get a video uploaded later today. I'm not sure what I can show in the video that wasn't discussed on my call, but if it will help somehow, I'll do it.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi all, 

I had the same issue since Dec, 2019, when I bought it. I simply turned off the wifi connection and used it without the wifi.

Yesterday I contacted the support and they walked me through the manual firmware update, which is pretty straightforward and you can do it without the support actually. So now I am on version 1.60. 

I have turned the wifi on, tested that it works and left the camera off for almost a day now. It hasn't turned on since by itself. So seems like firmware v1.60 has it fixed.