Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

This started happening to me a few days ago. I just updated the app on my iPhone but that hasn't corrected the problem. I even tried turning off the wi-fi. THIS IS NOT GOOD! 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
During my 2 hour conversion with gopro support, the gentleman seemed bewildered that it was happening and kept saying this is the first time they've heard of the issue! I said there are clearly tons of people with the same issue! Read the message boards!!! It was a total waste of 2 hours of my time.
Highlighted
Tourist

Ugh. I am currently trying setting the auto off to 5 minutes ( I had it on never ). Maybe that will work in the meantime. 

It's odd because this was not an issue until the last week. I have had this camera since Novemeber. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
When i turned bluetooth off it stopped happening
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, that appears to be the issue. The Bluetooth is constantly waking up the gopro. Certainly not reasonable to have to keep Bluetooth off. I have other devices that I need to keep connected.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Yeah I also send email and it didn't get fixed I know a lot of people that have this problem and are waiting for a update. Also it seems to happen more to me when I'm charging it. When it gets around 50% the camera turns on and stops charging and doesn't shut off. So it drained the battery. I wish they would just send me a new one at this point but from friends I've heard they "try" to fix it and they just get the same one back. It's very frustrating.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah, I'm not really interested in going the warranty route since it's not likely a hardware issue. Since it works fine on my tablet, I don't think a replacement unit will solve the problem. I haven't yet used the camera once, and I am already regretting buying it.
Highlighted
Tourist

I work in media, I'm going to report this to the news desks of all the places I deal with at this point as it seems to be a massive flaw being ignored. I'll get all the reporters I know to do a little article on it. I think impacting sales is the only way to get this resolved , though with this virus not many stories will make it anywhere