Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

Same issue also. I just did the manual update and factory reset and camera still turns itself on.... GOPRO please issue an update to fix this please

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @steveh48104

Do you turn off the Wi-Fi before turning off your camera?

Please try it and let us know if that will work. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I guess gopros marketing team should remove wifi as a an advertised feature since the work around for this is to just keep it off. Obviously this works as a temporary fix but is ridiculous that this is your consistent solution.
Highlighted
Tourist

No, I turn off the connection from the GoPro to the phone and that solves the problem
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same trouble. Brand new, done all the updates. Samsung Note 10. Turn off bluetooth on the phone, GoPro turns off??? We need a fix as turning bluetooth on and off isn't always an option

@daringwave26507 wrote:
I've recently purchased a Hero 8 and since I've subscribed to Plus the came will keep turning itself on as long as it has battery left at seemingly random intervals that range from a couple seconds to over an hour. This is extremely annoying because not only will it have drained the battery overnight but each time it turns on it makes that very loud beeping sequence which wakes me up even from the other room. Please don't tell me to remove the battery when I'm not using it. A camera this expensive shouldn't do stuff like this on its own.

Highlighted
Tourist

I am also experiencing the issue here. I followed the entire 4 pages of the thread here. I reset my gopro, uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and set it up again. The issue still persists. I turned off the wifi connection and then it went away. Why do I have to turn off a setting that should work. As others have mentioned, GoPro Support what are you doing to fix this? We would like an update on if there is going to be a patch or something. I'm going on a trip to Iceland and I don't want my camera dying on me on the road. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]
I have it as well and none of these options helped.
Highlighted
GoPro

Can you please check your Wi-Fi and Voice Command settings? @mxmark

Please make sure that both of them is turned off before shutting down your camera. 

-Jay