Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

[ New ]

The battery is original (gopro 8 and device is gopro 8) and card is from supported ones. It does not matter if I'm recording something or not. Keep shotting on.. Most people (I think) heve enough constatly getting answer like yours. Were do you fid my fault. Are you able to do non faulty soft?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @marh4620

If you haven't yet, please reach out to our Support Team to have your camera checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @marh4620

If you haven't yet, please reach out to our Support Team to have your camera checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

@earagon I reached out to the support team about this issue, and also another issue where the camera won't power up, and the issue couldn't be resolved, and I took my camera back to the retailer for a replacement. I'm now on my third GoPro8, and I suspect it won't be the last, as there is no reason to suspect that GoPro have fixed either of the issues.

Tourist

[ New ]

@pauls06 

Camera won't powr up because in my opinion : Its from another post

I'm having the same issue with my gopro 8. Battery connector as (the whole camera except footage and stabilizer) is piece of ...... Its about shaking. I'm a parglider and sometimes camera does not power on because of badly designed connectors. Thats why you need to pull of camera from case, pull of battery and put inside. Support will ask you about batteries, storage card and other bull**bleep**. instes taking care at proper angle.

Hiker

[ New ]

@marh4620 I'm just holding out until the 9 is available in NZ, and then I'll take the 8 back to the store for a straight swap to the 9 under the consumer guarantees act where "it is not fit for purpose", and hopefully GoPro have fixed the 2 main issues I'm seeing. When I've spoken to GoPro support, they say they are not aware of any issues and go through the same old factory reset and firmware update proceedure, which is very frustraighting. I think the issue in this thread is software related, so they should clearly and easily be able to fix it with a software update. As for the unable to power up issue, from your post it appears that they would have to recall all of the cameras.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just FYI - I am having the exact same "turning itself on" issue with the 9.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all, 

I have had same the problem for a while and i've tried everything to fix it but with no succes.

It switches by itself on and  kills the battery. 

Now my Gopro 8 Black is not useble anymore. I need to check all the time if battery is ok, this makes me crazy! 

Why does not gopro find a solution for this? This is more than annoying!