Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

[ New ]

If we all have these issues and still persist, then GoPro should reach out and replace free of charge the product to show their Gratitude and support,  problem will never get resolved ifthey simply pass you to support and you chose not to.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes.. Obviously that’s what a good customer service would do...
Adventurer

[ New ]

This here is not Customer service, we can report here all the troubles in the world,   and all we hear is Our Engineers  have  gotten the report, we'll get back to you, and  please keep checking  back at  visit us at gopro, keep up to date at the product page.

In the Mean time loading firmware should fix the issues you are having and check this artical out.

good luck ever getting this resolved and Best of Luck with that   no log reports, no  attempts of  updates from engineers. but we are aware.

Lets hear we are very close......  we got firmware , just waiting for 50 other bugs to get resolved in the mean time.....

how hard is it to  fix one trouble at a time with firmware. fw 1.06.00.0001

Tourist

[ New ]

It didn't helped. Software, firmware updated, cleared in varois configurations. Nothing changed. It keeps turning itself on all the time. I;m getting nervous about this. And battery keeps drained all the time, It is very frustrating. So when I need to use camera, it's discharged in 50% more or less. Guilty component it is bluetooth. If youu have in yopur phone blue on, the gopro turning on from time to time. Bug, buggy, buggiest, GoPro. Come on guys!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @marh4620. Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card.

Make sure that the camera is completely turned off by pressing and holding the power button instead of pressing it once. It will also help to disable Wi-Fi connectivity when not in use.

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey, I'd like to share that after the recent software update, I have been able to leave wireless connections on without my Hero 8 turning itself on! Whatever they did with the update seems to have worked for my camera, not sure about other peoples' though... Now I just have to see if it's the same story when I leave voice controls on. But good job GoPro, looks like you may have finally fixed it! 👏🎉

Tourist

[ New ]

I wrote

>>didn't helped. Software, firmware updated, cleared in varois configurations. Nothing changed. 

>>Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

Don't you understood?

Ok I will be nice here. After loading a battery (without recording) into camera it just turning itself on, without any reason. It happen randomly.

I'm using wireless connection constantly, so no go here.

Please, have a respect for people. I understand that someone can not get into technology. By suggesting that someone pushing button to short .......... is nonsense.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @marh4620. To verify, is it a HERO8 Black camera that you are using? Also, is the battery used the one with the Blue cap? 

Asking because the behavior you are observing is the same as what is observed with a HERO7 Black as described here

If this is not the case though and you have already done the suggested troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, let our Support team know. This way, they will be able to walk you through the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.