Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

[ New ]
They should refund money if they can’t fix that flaw!
Tourist

[ New ]

Well, I have tried manual update and factory reset and looks like it is not turning on now (before factory update it was still turning on). Time will show if it is corrected completely.

Nevertheless it is sad that we have to encounter this stressful problem out of the box, even after automatic update. You dont expect that when you buy such expensive camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

Having the same issue:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Bug-cannot-switch-off-since-Update-to-01-60/td-p/626700

I also didn't expect to have more firmware problems with such an expensive camera than with all my cheap china cameras.

Tourist

[ New ]

No no no, update did not help, my camera keeps turning on, for several times in a row today... And few times it did not turned on until I removed the battery and put it back in... Too many bugs I would say....

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my new Hero 8 Black. (My first GoPro!) It worked perfectly for about the first week I had the camera, but then one day I noticed it had turned itself on when it was just sitting on my desk! The battery was at 75% so it must have been on for a while. There was a strong magnet on the desk too (not close to the camera at all though) so I assumed that had something to do with it. But then it happened again... Once I realized this was a regular occurrence, I started to just pull the battery out a little ways, and that works fine, but it's certainly not ideal. I'm a fisherman, so I don't want the camera to be on all day, I want to be able to quickly & easily turn it on and start filming when I get a fish on and trust that the battery is still full. I definitely don't want to be opening the battery compartment when I'm on the water. Considering this has been a major issue since at least November of last year, you'd think the folks at GoPro would have fixed this by now. Oh, Voice Commands were off, Wireless Connections were on, but I don't love to toggle that on/off all the time, it's kinda tedious. I also wonder if GPS could have something to do with it? I manually installed the current version (1.60) today and restarted my phone, we'll see how that works, but judging by the previous comments on this thread it won't... PLEASE FIX THIS SOON, GOPRO!

Tourist

[ New ]
Try updating the firmware even if its the same version , then uninstall the app, restart and reinstall the app fully. That order fixed it for me
Tourist

[ New ]

HI everyone, same bug on my gopro. I did all the updates, the camera keep turning on itself randomly at night...

Also its having the bug of freezing while charging... 

This is my first gopro and it is so disappointing! 

I really hope they can fix this bug quickly, my cheap chinese cam is less bugier than this Gopro! The cam is not "new" and it's nothing has changed for us since the day they released it!

Tourist

[ New ]
"If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs"
Did someone tried to contact support after update? What they are saying about this problem?