Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 keeps turning itself on

[ New ]

It's like nightmare! It drives me crazy. I need to keep my battery out from device and put on when I'm using. But every time I need to sync time because without batery gets desync.  Arghhh!!! And you are saying that in 9 issue remains. They're the thug.... [BLEEP]

Tourist

[ New ]

Can you try this in this order 

1. Uninstall the app from your phone  

2. Downlod the latest firmware from for the gopro 

3. Update the gopro from the SD card 

4. Once fully updated (or refreshed if the same firmware number) reinstall the latest app from app store 

Then see if it still happens - this is all i did to fix my issue. 

EVERY STEP IS IMPORTANT IN THAT ORDER !!

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

So, I have found the only way to prevent this is to go into the camera, and disable wireless connections from within the camera settings (swipe down). Evidently, even when "off" the camera will try to pair with your phone (or vice versa), and every time it does this, it turns the camera back on.

Disabling the cameras wireless connectivity prevents this.

This is obviously a bad feature since I should be able to set in the gopro app whether the camera should auto pair / auto wake. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Have you tried what I posted above in the order suggested ?
Tourist

[ New ]

Why does Gopro ignore this problem? This is really crazy. Because of the pandemic situation? There is no enough coder? 

Ok, turn wifi off, so? This is it? 

I am so dissapointed! 

Tourist

[ New ]
Have you tried what I suggested in the order suggested ?
Sightseer

[ New ]

I went thru the steps listed and everything works fine so far.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Amen! This is RIDICULOUS! This is the 8TH generation of the product, it's not like they made it yesterday! And it's so bloody expensive having stupid issues like this is absolutely unacceptable. The cheap Costco crap camera for little kids doesn't have these issues.