Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 issue - Random self power-ons

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue as everyone else and just have to laugh at some of the troubleshooting steps that have been given out by support. Turning off Voice and WiFi is not an option, as we all paid for a camera with this functionality.

I have narrowed it down (at least in my case) to Bluetooth.  My Hero8 is paired with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  Regardless of how I turn the camera off (app, physical switch, voice, etc) it will power itself on within 30 seconds.  The only way I can get it stop this behavior is by turning off Bluetooth on the phone. 

If I turn BT back on, the camera will start the random power ups again.

Perhaps if everyone could post the make and model of phone they are using as well as testing to see if turning off BT helps, perhaps that will give us some information to provide to GoPro, as well as a concise thread of all the people having this issue.

Phone Make:

Samsung

Phone Model:

Note 8

GoPro Software Version:

Does turning BT off prevent the random power-ons?

YES

Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 issue - Random self power-ons

[ New ]

Try this Delete teh APP off your Phone,  Use teh camera, it works Perfect???  Yes.

When you load the APP it acts up. when the camera is Just on OFF with wireless Connection, Yes.

there is another APP out there that you can try  if its available for your  product.  It is called MyK  seee if that   helps out

Tourist

[ New ]

I will look at it, but I paid for a WORKING app and phone.  I expect GoPro to deliver on their responsibility.

Adventurer

[ New ]

likesaid you should have  see if the camera alone works first. Does it?

Adventurer

[ New ]

Man this sounds like a samsung product and App  like the Gear camera.  once an Iphone is introduced it does not have... so when they start working on it as its second on their list. not priority.

Adventurer

[ New ]

You have to wait till gopro gets around to fixing it all and that takes some time.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue on my Note 8. Once I turn off bluetooth on the phone it stops turning itself on. I have firmware vs 1.6. Hopefully go Pro can fix this issue!