Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 footage stuttering/choppy with HEVC enabled

I rather believed in what you said about the HEVC will caused the problem, HEVC might need a lot of cpu time to do the compressions and cpu cannot at the same time do a good job on hypersmooth. I just set it to H.264 and hopefully it would not stuttering again. Seems not everyone have this problem yet.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
It happens to me even my shots are only half a minute long. First 8 seconds is fine and the rest of that single video will go stuttering to the end,and the previous video and the next video is fine! Might be Samsung EVO plus 64GB sd card not fast enough( sorry that I forgot to write down if that is the only one card have problems).
Highlighted
Hiker

OK, that seems to be a different (and probably SD card) problem then what I am experiencing. I tried many cards including those recommended by GoPro (Samsung, Sandisk....)

Highlighted
Hiker

After reading your first post, I believed in and started to use H.264 again for my 4K/30 hypersmooth High, so far so good, will update if it happens again, thanks.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue too. It was fine when I just got gopro 8 in recording slow mo 120fps h264 since couple months ago it starts the issues like stutter laggy choppy...when it is playback...I tried many different ways but the problem is still existed.
Highlighted
Adventurer

posted  about Shutterspeed, common issue with hypersmooth gopro more or less TWEAKED the Hero 7 in about FW 1.51 will they repeat this again Lol NO!

Highlighted
Tourist

Has nothing to do with Shutterspeed. It's a bug where frames are saved in incorrect sequence. 

Highlighted
Hiker

@aragon1006Good day, any update on this please? My camera is unusable with HEVC and technical support does not know what to do either. I have a case filed with them, but there is no response since I provided raw footage for analysis many weeks ago. Thank you.