Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 doesnt read qr code on labs

@machado81. Make sure that it is only the UPDATE folder that is in the SD card when you insert it back into the camera. The MISC, DCIM, and Get_Started_with_GoPro file should not be there. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello.

When I inserted the SD card on the camera it only had UPDATE order. The other ones were created by the camera.
I tried again with only the UPDATE order. No changes. :'(

Highlighted
Adventurer

quite easy if asked.

watch and  we'll help out

https://youtu.be/uihOtHJpkNM

Highlighted
GoPro

@machado81, if in case the camera won’t initiate the update, it can be because the camera is not recognizing the update on the SD card. We do have some suggestions here that should help get the update working: 

• Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it; 

• Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters; 

• Format the SD card before placing the update folder/files onto the root of the card (format on your computer, or DELETE ALL files in the camera's Delete menu); 

• NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card. 

• Be sure to place the individual files within the UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card.  

Once you have the necessary file(s) placed on the SD card, unplug it from the computer and insert the microSD card into your camera. Once it's plugged in, power on the camera. The update should automatically initiate.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you VER VERY MUCH @fishycomics #fishycomics.
I knew I was missing something. I was outing all files (mac and windows) on the SD.
Thank you for you patience. ;-)

Have a great week.
CHEERS

Highlighted
Tourist

Solved.
Thank you very much.
Cheers
Highlighted
Adventurer

Lol (not at you)  glad to help.   we simply overlook the obvious,      you are very welcomed.