Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 8 cant charge while recording , This is terrible !

fastrange25488,
That's how it should work,
I might be selling my Hero 7 as
Thats exactly how I want mine to
Work on my Kayak.
Highlighted
Hiker

I was just wondering. Everyone was saying you have to remove the internal battery to run it from an external power source. You don't. At least on mine I don't have to.
Highlighted
Adventurer

how i see it and why it works for me

https://youtu.be/jHhVYhge4Ik

Highlighted
Adventurer

So while I talked.   I showed the camera working with and without a bat and a Powerbank and sure enough ata given time it ________.

I also showed  the latter, talked about it, and a DJI how  thatcamera for me works better then the gopro.  clearly shows a Electricity of AC and battery 100%,   and GoPro  over the years only works in steps, never Finalizing things.  maybe theHero 10 thy will get what one wants,  for me I  know the camer works, does its job but Crashes if  you start fooling with it.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

All I know is that it works on my 8.  I run it off external power, with the battery still in place.  I can be filming while on external power, unplug it from external power, swap power banks and the camera never hesitates, never crashes or locks up as long as the internal battery is in place.  

I film and it doesn't charge the battery.  Ok..    I press the shutter button and the filming stops, and the charging begins.  I press the shutter button and start the video, the charging stops and the power comes from the external power source.