Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 cant charge while recording , This is terrible !

What about other recording modes
Highlighted
Tourist

I'll try that tonight. I want to record a machine installation that's why I did not have much time to play around this morning.
Highlighted
Tourist

The last days I was testing the behaviour in different record modes. My charging symbol now always disappears when I start recording whether the battery is fully charged or not. But at least it did not happen again that the battery was discharging while recording. It keeps the carge until I stop recording.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @gottsche

Note #1: Even though your camera is plugged in, the battery will not charge during recording. It will start charging when you stop recording. You cannot record while charging with a computer.

Check out https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Charge-the-Camera-Battery/ta-p/388258 for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi GoPro, do you have any news on this topic? I would love to use both and with battery too.. There is many shots you need to unplug mic and external bat and click your go pro hero 8 on top of car and drive right away. That firmware update everybody talks about - is it real in close future or we should save money for media mod? .)))

Highlighted
Hiker

I can confirm that you can use the GOPRO with a portable charger while the battery is still inside. I've used it over 3 hours. 120fps
Highlighted
Adventurer

gopro simply said  Hey come back. and that's it. they always say check for new firmware, what they are told to do.