Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 8 buttons control

Hi
I am considering buying a Hero 8 camera but it is not clear from the users manual I downloaded from your site what settings can we change with the buttons when we are using the diving case and we don't have access to the touch screen (when for instance we are diving).
Can we change the resolution, FPS, Lens, presets and others settings ?

Thank you for you attention

Best regards

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 8 buttons control

The instructions we gave were for making the changes using the rear screen. If you want to make adjustments only using the Mode and Shutter buttons, there is a way to do that as well.

First, you'd need to create a Preset under each mode (photo, video, etc.) for any settings that you'd like. Some presets are already there, but you edit those and/or add new ones for every scenario you think you might need.

Then, when you're out using the GoPro and want to toggle between your presets, just use the Mode button to get to the mode you want (ex. Videos). Then, press and the Mode and the Shutter buttons at the same time. Doing this will activate the menu options in the front LCD screen and you'll see the different presets you've created for that mode on the screen. You can use the Mode button to scroll through the options, and then use the Shutter button to select the one you want.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @joaot8342

NAVIGATING WITH THE BUTTONS
Although your GoPro is waterproof, the touch screen won’t work under
water. Use the buttons and front screen to change modes and settings.
1. With your camera on, hold down the Mode button and press the
Shutter button . A menu will appear on the front screen.
2. Press the Mode button to scroll through the modes and settings.
3. Use the Shutter button to select and adjust settings.
To exit: Press and hold the Shutter button or scroll until you reach
Done, and then press the Shutter button.
Heads Up: The Dashboard and Media Gallery are not available when
navigating with the buttons.

For reference, you can check page 25 of the camera manual.

You can also create a preset of your preferred resolution/settings.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your answer but that I allready new.

The question is that in page 25 there is not a description of what settings we can we change with the buttons.

Can we change the resolution, FPS, Lens, presets and others settings ?

Best regards

Joao

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@joaot8342 - Yes, you can change those settings. If you click on the name of the mode you're in (Photo, Video, etc.) at the bottom center of the screen, the preset options will appear. If you click on the little pencil to the right of each preset option, you can then change those settings.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your always quick answer.

Sorry to be stubborn but I want to be sure:

And I can do all this things only with the 2 hardware buttons ?  For instance change the preset option I want to use only with the 2 buttons?

I wish you all an Happy New Year

Best regards

Joao

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The instructions we gave were for making the changes using the rear screen. If you want to make adjustments only using the Mode and Shutter buttons, there is a way to do that as well.

First, you'd need to create a Preset under each mode (photo, video, etc.) for any settings that you'd like. Some presets are already there, but you edit those and/or add new ones for every scenario you think you might need.

Then, when you're out using the GoPro and want to toggle between your presets, just use the Mode button to get to the mode you want (ex. Videos). Then, press and the Mode and the Shutter buttons at the same time. Doing this will activate the menu options in the front LCD screen and you'll see the different presets you've created for that mode on the screen. You can use the Mode button to scroll through the options, and then use the Shutter button to select the one you want.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your answer

Now it is clear for me and it seems that it will solve the problem of changing settings underwater.

I will go and buy the camera and some accessories soon for my next diving holidays at the wend of next month.

Happy New Year

Joao