Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 black wouldnt turn on after used in the pool. 123

[ New ]
My hero8 black would not turnt on after used in the pool. The water got inside the battery compartment even the door is close. When battery is inserted in the camera a red light in front and back is on and it would blink 4 to 5times but nothing happens. I bought this camera brand new last month. This is the first time i used it in the water. Now i am doubtful of this product to be waterproof. Any solution for this? I want to have it replace.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 black wouldnt turn on after used in the pool. 123

[ New ]

Hello @criskalel23

We are not able to provide a timeframe for the callback.
Once a request is logged, an available representative from Support will be getting back to you.

When logging a request, make sure to take note of the case number.

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

We'd like to gather details to determine what may have caused the water to enter the camera, @criskalel23. This way, we can help you with the next steps. To proceed, please contact our Support team. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Thanks, I tried to connect to your support but I get either invalid Captcha for call request and unavailable for the chat. 

Here's the update on my camera issue.

Manage to turn on the camera after 2 days of letting the camera dry out. It was used in the pool and somehow water entered the battery compartment with its door close. The issue now is, it's not working properly. The camera takes longer to power on. No display on the screen for photo and video modes. Hard to connect to a mobile app. And there's moisture in the lens and the LSD.

I attached images of the issues.

Thanks

hero8-black.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, @mariustanya can't go through to support chat or call. Can I have an email coz now my hero8 is completely dead. wouldn't turn on and when I insert the battery it will heat up, no red light anymore.
Tourist

[ New ]

exactly the same issue as mine, but my case even worse. I don't swimming, snorkeling, or driving, just 1st try to put into the sea to see the outcome. Unable to contact them is making people going crazy

GoPro

[ New ]

@tianalau, @criskalel23, we currently do not have an active email support as it has long been discontinued.

When contacting our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

Tourist

[ New ]
No hope for the chat for me. Even if i'm in the queue and displays the chat window, it will change back to 'Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later.' btw, how long for the agent to call for the call back request?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @criskalel23

We are not able to provide a timeframe for the callback.
Once a request is logged, an available representative from Support will be getting back to you.

When logging a request, make sure to take note of the case number.

Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej