Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 black who is now in or out

My experience with GoPro Hero 7 White has been so bad I will never purchase an item from them again. Since I have a 7 white i may do a trade up if the deal makes sense.  But for now the additional money can purchase a far better camera than the Black.  What is really strange to me is the willingness of GoPro Customers to accept and work around so many issues and keep buying the products.   I am sorrtpy but a product that has a high % of not functioning each time you attempt to use it  is a defective product.  It's not a quirk or a little bug. It's a camer. If it doesn't take pictures or videosit does nothing.  Also the service and support GoPro provides is not good.    the excuse that this is the base model is nonsense.  It should still function!  

Highlighted
Hiker

Let's hope they release the new V8 firmware for the v7. That would bring some trust back to existing customers that products are actively maintained rather than dropped after a year
Highlighted
Hiker

I won't buy it, too. There's no guarantee it will work flawlessly. And we all know if it doesn't - you're on your own.

All the suggestions we made here (presets, linear 4K etc.) - they took them and put them into a new model. There's absolutely no reason why presets are not a thing on Hero 7.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

The formula isn't hard : 

1. Test a product to death prior to production until you're sure you've ironed out any major kinks.  It's always possible to have a small issue or two that you never thought about testing for, but a lot of the problems with the cameras are pretty serious and obvious ones.
  2. Provide good after-sales support, including for models prior to the latest one.  Customers don't mind too much if they find they have a problem with the camera, when the company quickly admits to the issue and promptly corrects it for the customer.

It feels like GoPro concentrate solely on trying to release the latest greatest feature set, and don't pay much attention to the above.

I don't know how else to explain the big problems encountered on every model.

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Hero 8 black who is now in or out

I ordered the gopro 8. but I have not received any e-Mail , my account does not make money and I can not find it in the order finder. however, there is an order confirmation with a number that was successful. this is a screenshot.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'll wait for a sale (if ever). The features like the stabilization "boost" is something we asked for since the competition used it. I don't know why it wouldn't be possible with the 7. It's got the same chip, throw us a bone here.

Highlighted
Backpacker

as the Hero 8 is physically bigger than the Hero 7, i'm guessing despite using the same GP1 chip they have done a lot more hardware changes

Highlighted
Tourist