Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 8 black video output to TV via usb-c to hdmi cable

Tried to connect Hero 8 black to my 4k TV using usb-c to hdmi cable. TV would not recognize any input signal. How do I play gopro video from hero 8 black to 4K TV?

Keith

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 black video output to TV via usb-c to hdmi cable

Hello Everyone. As @fishycomics mentioned, the HERO8 Black can output to a TV using the Media Mod and a micro-HDMI cable. It does not work with a USB-C to HDMI cable. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

When the $79.99 Media Module arrives and a HDMI cable purchased as well. Become  quite expensive that route.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have a USB-c To HDMI cable that I bought at Best Buy. I use it to connect my MacBook Air to a TV. It works well for that. Under the input output menu for the go Pro eight hero, there is nothing under the menu. I think it is currently not available to output to a TV.
Highlighted
Tourist

Just sad they want to aftermarket a HDMI Output....they are desperate...!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. As @fishycomics mentioned, the HERO8 Black can output to a TV using the Media Mod and a micro-HDMI cable. It does not work with a USB-C to HDMI cable. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Not that hard to figure out guys. I used a SD card reader as the usb camera card media adaptors you use for your digital camera or micro sd card reader you use to plug into a usb port on laptop. I just connect that to my tv usb connection port and choose media port on tv source selection and my movie files are there in the usual order like my computer DCMI then GOPRO folder and. then all the movie or video clilps are there with thumbnails to click on.  Very easy and cheap 10 dollar option or you may already have one of those card readers from USB. I am a professoinal photographer by trade for the past 25 years and dont know why poeple always insist on plugging the camera or device to TV instead of the memory card directly to computer or tv. 

IMG_1671.JPG
Highlighted
Nomad

IMG_1672.JPG
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

I think what the members want is not to carry   a ton of gear. When they  head out, camera only. they can  hook up directly to their  friends set and share the fun that nite.   WIth the Media Module they will get the Option but they were not intending on dishing out again More Money. especially if they got no use for  the module.  I guess its  till one finds a solution that fits tehir need, and this is one option.  Still waiting for some one to Wifi it via airdrop or smartphone.