Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 8 black mic adapter not working

[ New ]

Hi, 

I am using the 3.5 mm mic adapter with TRS connection. I have tested all mic settings from standard, powered, and line in audio and am having no luck in recording audio from microphone or line out sources. I have downloaded the most recent software to the Go Pro as well. Do I need to return the mic adapter, or is there another solution that could be recommended?

The camera does record audio using the on-board mic and I am able to choose the setting, the camera recognizes the adapter, but no audio is recorded.

GoPro

Re: Hero 8 black mic adapter not working

[ New ]

Hi @sashat158

Does the same happen when starting the recording first before plugging the mic in?

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have the same problem. Have tryed connecting the mic after starting recording, both mic, adapter, and both. Doesn't work...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @joggensgo

What version is your camera on?

What kind of mic are you using?

Check out External Microphone Recommendations

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Found put it Wad the wrong memory card, so the update was wrong. It said it was the newest update with the card with no update in? I even reset the gopro, and memory card? Couldnt update it. Luckely it wasnt the memory card "i started the gopro with".
Bit weird, but i figured it out. Sry for bothering.
Nomad

[ New ]

Is the external microphone recognized? First I have to plug in the external microphone and switch it on, then switch on the camera so that not only the MediaMod but also a microphone connected to it is recognized.