Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 battery door

[ New ]

I have had my Hero 8 camera for about a year and used under normal circumstances filming and photographing.  I used my camera to snorkel with yesterday for the first time.  I was very excited to use it, and see what it could do in the water as the camera is advertised as waterproof to 30 feet of depth.  Being thorough I triple checked the battery door was fully closed.  WIthin 10 minutes of being in the water the camera stopped working.  I returned to the boat immediately and discover the battery compartment full of water.  The battery door of the camera does not fully seal, and this camera is not water proof as claimed.  I missed out using my camera for my full day of snorkeling, and am extremely disappointed to say the least.  The camera is now ruined and will not function.  What can be done about this?

GoPro

Re: Hero 8 battery door

[ New ]

Hi @danzm80

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Hero 8 battery door

[ New ]

EJ,

Thank you for pointing me to the support team, but they were unable to help me.  I don't have access to the reciept for the camera as it was a gift, and they won't replace the camera eventhough there is a clear defect in the construction.  Only offers were to sell me a subscription and a new camera at a minimal discount.  Why would i purchase a new camera and spend money with GoPro if the company won't back the construction of their products?  Cameras are promoted as water proof and this unit is far from that.  This is extremely disapponting.  Offering customers to spend money for a subscription to then beable to buy a replacement camera at a discount when there is manufacturing issues is not a warranty policy, it is a scam.

I will spend my money with other camera companies if this how warranty issues are handled.

Thank you

M