Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 battery door not flush

[ New ]
Can’t figure out how to get the door closed so it seals. Any tips?
D72664FA-EC74-42AA-8E6B-4B22E48E4B22.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 8 battery door not flush

[ New ]

That's normal. The gap allows space for the door to swing open. You can feel the seal on the inside of the door. It's in just a bit from the hinge area. Water can get to the hinge, but it won't get past the seal.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
Is it clicking shut? Not many people have the camera yet (including myself) so we don't have first hand experience to give advice. If it's locking shut, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah. It clicks shut. And just did a simple water test where I poured water over the gap. It appears the battery/inside stays dry so I guess that’s the design. Just weird to see. I wasn’t expecting the battery to have that gap. Something I haven’t seen before with GoPros
Hiker

[ New ]

Mine looks the same and I think that's how it's designed to be. When you open that door you will see that the gap iss needed as space for that door to "open in it". 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Passing on info from another thread, the  battery tab is longer this time, make sure its not   folded or incorrectly  hitting.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Mine looks the same. I accidentally popped the battery door off and thought I broke it. Popped it back on and noticed the gap. Is this how it is out of the box?
Explorer

[ New ]
Yes, it's normal.
Tourist

[ New ]
Awesome! Thanks!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Mine is like this too.

Sightseer

[ New ]

What he said.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

That's normal. The gap allows space for the door to swing open. You can feel the seal on the inside of the door. It's in just a bit from the hinge area. Water can get to the hinge, but it won't get past the seal.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@jefft wrote:

and is the Hing Staneless steal, along with the  Hinge  tab.  People I use a bit  lube as precautions and  over time we'll find out....

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

You shouldn't have any issues with corrosion, but like we always recommend, if you use a GoPro in salt water, rinse it with fresh water after you're done.