Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Rif.: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

To be honest with you... I'm pretty sure GoPro AREN'T reading this forum - in fact I'm certain of it.

I have just ordered the cable which will arrive tomorrow and will keep my fingers crossed.

I'll update here as soon as I've tested it :-)

Tourist

IT WORKED - IT WORKED - IT WORKED!!!

Thank you so much my friend!

The cable you suggested arrived today - I plugged it in and it worked immediately.

AT LAST this frustration is at an end... with NO THANKS to GoPro - and ALL thanks to you.

Have a brilliant Christmas :-D

Regards... Tony

Tourist

I just ordered this cable as well. I will update this thread as soon as I try it (HERO 7 Black). I hope it works as good for me as it has for you!
Tourist

I hope it does work for you :-)

It's interesting to note I had previously bought a USBc to USBc cable - but it HADN'T worked... but this latest one did :-)

Good luck

Hiker

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SFXCF1N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've ordered as well, I'll see how it goes and report back.

Sightseer

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

I HAVE A FIX...

Went to bestbuy and bought an Insignia Advanced Memory Card Reader.. USB 3.0

Took the GoPRO micro and plugged it into the unit and then into my 3.0 USB.

Couldnt open up the file through the reader but GoPro Quik recoginized it so i decided to click import through Quik and it saved it onto my computer under photos.. went to the folder and all my footage was there and worked. Besides the slomo clips because I dont have HVAC to support it..

Hope this helps.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-3-0-advanced-memory-card-reader/5787403.p?skuId=5787403&re...

Tourist

You're welcome guys, I'm happy to have been able to help you (and help me too ahhaha) so a common type-c cable doesn't work, you need to use a thunderbolt 3 cable if you have a thunderbolt 3 port and it'll work.
Gopro, let's make a firmware update ti fix this shameful issue please.
Tourist

Hey guys! Wouldnt you know it...we have a genius on our hands! I bought that thunderbolt cable through Amazon and it worked! The camera finally shows up in File Explorer and GoPro Quik sees it and starts up automatically as well! Unreal! How has GoPro not figure this one out yet? Or at least try amd make things right?

Anyways, heres the link I used if your in Canada.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07SFXCF1N/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, thanks to the help of the fourms, we finally have a solution to this problem!

-Max