Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

Quick update... Just spoken to Technical Support and the person I spoke to suggested I connect using GoPro Quik. I explained I had tried that already (several times) and it didn't work and he then said... that's all he could suggest!

Seriously!?

I was, of course, polite and asked for a call back from his supervisor, who I am hoping will have a better technical knowledge and he said he would arrange this and put the phone down. I'll update this thread once I've had that call.

Adventurer

I had this same issue.  I  restarted my laptop and that fixed it.  I simply removed the device and the usb por, and reinserted and on restart  all worked.

Hiker

Updated my camera, tried all known community fixes. Still nothing. Figured I'd give it one last shot before I ship this back to the seller.

Utterly shocking performance from GoPro.

Tourist

Hi all, im having the same issue as everyone here except with a 7 Black. Spent 2hrs this morning with tech support. In the end she suggested I exchange the camera for a new one. So I did, since costco is incredibly easy to deal with. Brought home, tried everything again. Same existing problem. Unreal. Also, like most people here, its 100% not a problem with my machine...as its 1 week old and PLENTY of power, all the new updates yada yada yada.
Tourist

Quick update... the "Call Back" from the "Supervisor" never came.

I am genuinely in a quandary as to what I should now do? SURELY GoPro is now aware of this issue? SURELY they are now working on a fix?

I completely understand that this issue only appears to be happening in a few cases - but honestly - it shouldn't. My PC is a DELL with an i9 Processor - all the bells and whistles - and is FULLY up to date.

Does anyone else have a solution that I could try? Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards... Tony

PS. I bought a USBC to USBC cable thinking that might solve it... but it hasn't :-(

Tourist

One would hope a fix is on the horizon. I mean, I can get all my media using the SD adapter, but it shouldnt be that way. The camera, should work properly for anyone! This def isnt a isolated problem. Many people are experiencing this issue in one way or another.
Hiker

GOPRO WE WANT FIX THIS ISSUE!

what to do more? A lot of people contact gopro support with this issue - no fix at all... what more - even no fair answer was given.
Do you think this is real fair behaviour from brand like gopro? What to do more?

you can see its on all models (6,7,8) its usually on newer intel CPU / chipset, no fix on horizon.

WE EXPECT FIX OF THIS ISSUE GOPRO

you are losing customers here...

Tourist

QUICK UPDATE...

Had a 45min call with a "Supervisor" today and he/we tried all the solutions previously discussed and one or two new ones. None worked.

He said he would need to get back to the tech team and asked for some screenshots of my system etc. and said he would email me and I should reply to this email attaching said screenshots.

At the time of writing (4-5 hours later) I have NOT received his email and so am unable to send over those screenshots.

Great  :-(