Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

Mine was under portable devices. Unintalled. Replugged gopro 8 in and nothing. Same exact thing.

You would think when they made the gopro 8 they plugged it into a higher end computer right..?

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

This is not just Z390-A. I've got a system on Intel B360-A PRO with Core i5. The same thing with MTP USB in Portable devices and no show in the explorer. An interesting thing that Settings-> Bluetooth&Other Devices properly shows Hero8 in the list of Other devices.

Tourist

Tyank you Dzejlo

Mine was also under "Portable Devices" and although I tried your (much appreciated) suggestion (and everything else I can think of) still no joy.

If anyone has any other ideas I'd LOVE to hear them! I'm going away tomorrow and am desperate for a solution :-(

Best regards... Tony

Hiker

My new pc (with z390) is one month old and other things are working properly. So IM SURE its not problem with my pc, there is definetly problem on gp side. (Maybe last fw for gp6?)
Another things is that my gp is working just in usb 3 port. In usb 2 in device list there is shown correct hero 6 but in device manager its mtp only.
Tourist

I confess I'm truly amazed that this thread is over a month old AND GP HAVEN'T CHIPPED IN WITH EVEN ONE SUGGESTION!

I really want to LOVE this camera... but to have to remove the world's smallest/fiddliest SD card (after first removing cover AND battery) in order to get at the footage, is honestly a joke.

I hate to complaining, but we CAN'T SURELY be the ONLY people with this issue - and I must emphasise I have a top-end Laptop with ALL drivers and windows bang up to date.

I spent an hour with Dell technical support today - (and five hours working on finding a solution myself) come on GP - PLEASE give us some support on this issue.

...Tony

Tourist

This is a great solution that worked for me. In your step 4 just look for the "Portable Devices" tree and continue with the rest of the directions. Great job! Thank you!

Sightseer

Проблема такая у всех у кого более менее новое железо.

На старом ноутбуке работает отлично, а вот на новом - беда.

Удаление usb MTP не помогло, т.к. 10 ставит его обратно.

Нужен правильный драйвер. Вопрос в том какой нам нужен драйвер???

Sightseer

Sadly, still doesnt work for me.

Anyday GoPro....