Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

Hi,

for me, the solution was to use a certified SD card.

List available here: https://fr.gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations#HERO8_MAX

Regards

Franck

Sightseer

I am also having the same issue. I found a temporary way of getting around this. It's a bit tedious, but it's a way of extracting your files. 

This only works if you're able to connect your mobile device to your GoPro. Select all media files that you want to transfer and download it to the app on your phone. Then al of the selected items should appear in the app's media tab. From there you can transfer the files directly to your phone's memory.

I've noticed that longer videos (30+ min) were chopped down to 7-8min videos.Other than that, this method has helped me a decent amount

Tourist

Easiest method i've found is just to take out the Micro SD card, and use an USB card reader.

Gopro quik does recognise it as a gopro SD card.

Adventurer

I had this issue   on teh Hero 8 purchase I hit a wrong   key.

I simply removed  the file in devices. and in device manager  the usb. and rebooted the pc , retried again  works fine.  just needed a restart.

Hiker

Hi,
Im having same issue here... any solution?
Z390 as well...

Sightseer

hi.

i have the same or similar issue. gopro hero 8 black appears in windows 10 as MTP USB device. GoPro Quik doesnt see the camera. camera is inaccessible form PC eventho display on gopro cam says "USB connected".

2 devices appear in windows device manager and in Devices and Printers after connecting gopro to PC.

see screenshot.

tested with HP Omen laptop with all updates and latest drivers.

gopro8usb.jpg
Tourist

Chatted with support today. They're saying that anything older than an Intel i7 can't connect to the computer.  When I attempted to explain to them that it's not a Quik software issue, but the camera is not being recognized as a USB device at all, they simply said that the camera works and it's a problem with my PC. 

Support has really gotten poor with GoPro. May just have to return this and go with a different camera company. 

Sounds like they're not doing anything around this. 

Hiker

Yea, I actually returned mine. I'm not going through all the faff trying to get it to work with my PC nor having to buy additional items to get something that should just work. And the whole i7 argument is utter BS. My wife has an identical PC to mine aside from a 1080 ti graphics card where I have a 2080 ti. Yet it works flawlessly on hers.

Shame on you GoPro, accept the fault and fix it. I won't be buying GoPro again, that's for sure.