Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

Lots of folks seem to be having the issue. I've reported it myself, but all I got from GoPro is the team is looking into it. I linked them the multiple posts of people having the issue. My bet is its likely some hardware combination that's creating the issue, but given how widespread it is, it shouldn't be hard for GoPro to address in firmware/software...but its been outstanding a while now. In the meantime I hook up like you do to my other device, a Surface Laptop which works fine.

Tourist

Look back in the thread. Its crap we have to resort to buying a cable, but getting a Thunderbolt cable through amazon had worked for more then a few of us. I posted a link a page or 2 back, as have others of the cable we bought.
Tourist

Thanks guys, the PC doesn't have a thunderbolt port, just USB3.  Looks like i'll resort to load onto the laptop and then transfer the files via USB stick to the PC, and hope that works for now 

Sightseer

having the same issue as all of you,

MSI GL75 9SE laptop

ironic part is i just upgraded to this laptop for editing gopro vidoes...

the go pro support guy tried going over different settings, nothing worked.

its clearly an issue with having a mid-high end laptop and it not communicationg properly.

ill be linking this threat to my case number and depanding they look into  this issue we are all having.

Tourist

Please someone help here. I am having the same problem with my GoPro Hero 7

Tourist

I just ordered the Thunderbolt Cable. Will confirm that it works for me. Will be here in 3 days. Will let you know on Saturday.

Tourist

I resolved my issue with a USB3 card reader and put the microSD in that.  The PC recognises it as GoPro files

Tourist

Just talked to GoPro support. I was told that with the latest update this functionality for downloading via the usb cable is no longer available. Seems like a major bug to me in the camera software. WTF comes to mind as an appropriate response.