Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

[ Edited ]

A proper cable costs 10$ - selling your GoPro will mean you'll incur a loss for selling it second hand ( specially if it works for you to take action vids ).

Make more financial sense to just buy the cable, in the future - if you end up destroying the camera on one of your adventures or it becomes obsolete, make sure you shop around and look at one of the other offerings from the other manufacturers (Insta 360, or DJI)

Highlighted
Explorer

okay, I get it. You're not coming to a member to member support forum for any type of suggestions or solutions, you're just coming here to complain. If you want to leave feedback for GoPro, you can do so here

https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback

Otherwise, you should get yourself a USB 3.0 SD card adapter.
Highlighted
Tourist

It obviously isn't about the $10 to buy a new cable. It's about the fact that an incredibly basic function of the camera doesn't work and GoPro's solution is to tell people to go buy something else to fix their ineptitude. And the idea with these posts was to draw some attention to this issue and hope that someone had a real solution. Obviously there isn't one which tells me everything I need to know about GoPro
Highlighted
Explorer

GoPro said to buy a new cable?

Highlighted
Tourist

Same exact probem here... I will NEVER buy another gopro product and I sold all of my gopro stock.... this company is in a death spiral. there are so many other capable action cameras that just WORK and don't have buggy software.

Good luck trying to get it resolved. I'm about ready to video (using my phone of course) smashing this POS camera and posting it on youtube. Maybe I can monetize the video and make back a few bucks...

Highlighted
Hiker

I totally understand. I was so frustrated when I got my new Hero 8 and it would not work with its own software. Unheard of.

I am still hopeful when Go Pro returns my camera it will work with Quick. I sent the camera back to them at their request after they could not solve the problem over the phone.

I am willing to give them one more chance to fix this problem

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I have same problem, also. 

Problem.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

"GoPro said to buy a new cable?"

Yeah...their "solution" to their own product not working properly is to have the customer use a different cable or an SD card adapter.  If you don't have other cables just laying around or a card adapter then you would need to purchase those.  The SD card adapter doesn't solve the USB problem at all.  They admit that these are "workarounds".  It's insane to think that a $400+ camera doesn't work with the cable it comes with and/or the manufacturer's own software.  It's probably not a perfect analogy but imagine purchasing a car and the bluetooth doesn't work with your phone...so the car maker tells you that you can purchase a different model phone or just plug it in directly via USB.  Sure, that'll work, but it means your product doesn't work properly and your customer support isn't doing anything to actually solve the problem.