Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 - Windows 10 can see the device but won't cooperate

My story exactly. Wasted a whole day trying to connect brand new Hero 8 to a Quick on a Mac. Will not work after spending 3 hrs on phone with a Go Pro. So frustrating. Now they want me to send my camera back to Go Pro. Zero confidence
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Bought my first GoPro ever, a Black 7, about three weeks ago to bring with me on a big trip.  I have yet to edit a single video or transfer one to my PC because of this insane USB issue.  What a junk product and service.  There are $5 USB flash drives with better compatability then a $400 camera.  I would have been better off investing in products that would have just allowed me to record from my phone.

Highlighted
Hiker

I wish they would come out and be more forthright with the issue and problem. 

It clearly seems like a lot of loyal Go Pro customers are struggling with this issue and are are having to figure it out on their own,

Highlighted
Tourist

The only "workarounds" suggested will require me to spend more money and then just hope that it solves my problem. It's unbelievably bad business. At this point I may just sell my GoPro, accept my losses and find a company that makes a product that is actually functional out of the box.
Highlighted
Hiker

Same problem with Mac . Seems product is released before it was ready and now customers are struggling and wasting time trying to fix, 

Also a company like Go Pro who depends on software compatability  shoud invest more time and resources in Quick ( or relacement ) . It is an achillies heel. Poor software will overshadow camera in custonmers view, 

Highlighted
Explorer

Most SD cards come with an adapter. If not, it's only a couple bucks to get one. Do what you want with your camera, but not transferring media to your computer because you can't get the USB cable connected to the camera to work is silly. Even if it was working for you, it's the slowest and least efficient way to transfer the media.
Highlighted
Explorer

GoPro should just get rid of Quik for media transfer and video editing. It's not needed and a waste of resources. The only purpose Quik has is updating cameras and uploading to the GoPro Plus service. They should leave it at that.
Highlighted
Tourist

The SD card may have come with an adapter but I don't know where it is...but that's besides the point. The USB mode SHOULD work for a $400+ camera. USB isn't some crazy new tech that has common compatibility issues. Buying a camera and expecting the USB functionality to work is beyond fair. The fact that their solution is "go buy a new USB cable" or "go find/buy an SD card adapter" is just bad customer service