Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 WATER DAMAGE under 6"

[ New ]
Hello.
I cracked my back screen (but still work fine) and as I am ensured I sent my camera to repair.
When arrived (supposedly repaired) I took a foto 6inc under water for a few seconds and my camera died.
The ensurence company says that after ANY repair ALL GoPro's lose their waterproof.
Is that correct?
Please help me understand what went wrong...
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Backpacker

Re: Hero 8 WATER DAMAGE under 6"

[ New ]

GoPro don't repair camera's nor do they have authorized repair centers.  So wondering where you sent your camera off to be repaired?  It sounds like someone charged you money and broke your camera.

Adventurer

[ New ]

what is your RMA and order number a rep from gopro will be along soon

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes indeed. It was an ensurence company.
Backpacker

[ New ]

So unfortunately the problem now lies between you and your esurance company.  They didn't repair your camera properly and further damaged it.  You need to follow up with them and get what you paid for.  Since they tried to "repair" your camera, they voided the GoPro warranty by doing this.  You still have the option of replacing your camera for a small replacement fee under the GoPro Plus Subscription, but you need to see if it's available in your area and read the terms and conditions.