Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Video to Iphone X Failures

[ New ]

I have the latest IOS of my Iphone X. I have the latest GoPro app on my Iphone. My Hero8 is new and updated to the lastest firmware. So why cannot I not download or tranfers 4K 60 fps or 2.7K 30 fps or any video ? It goes through the motions yet fails everytime. Its annoying that something that should be simple is proving to ruin a great piece of kit.

GoPro

Re: Hero 8 Video to Iphone X Failures

[ New ]

@stoutcrest77332, sorry to hear about the trouble. What's the error message or prompt do you get when attempting to download these files?

What's the video length? Make sure that there's enough storage space for large video files.

I just tested recording 6 seconds 4K 60FPS clip on my HERO8 Black, then downloaded the media to the GoPro App v6.5 (on iOS 13.3), and saved it to the local Photos app in my iPhone.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Aenriquez. I tested with 6 and 120 second videos at 4K and 60FPS with no issues. But anything more than 5 minutes becomes a problem. A 15 minute video for example that's split into 3 parts also an issue. 

The error message is just 'cancelled'. When downloading a video of 4K at 60fps it takes a long time then just fails.

For storage space do you mean the micro SD card or my phone ? My phone has 23GB available. The micro SD card is the one that came with the camera and there appears to be no issues with space as they appear on the card.

If we can only download videos, using the higher quailty, then in a way the GoPro is a useless piece of kit as whats the point in 

giving us 4K at 60fps and not being able to download ?

Am truly at my wits end trying to work out how to do this.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @stoutcrest77332. We tried replicating the issue based on the settings you provided. It is true that a 15-minute video is split into chapters and would take longer to be downloaded. We recorded using a HERO8 Black camera at 4K, 60 fps and was able to successfully download both chapters of a 15-minute video without any issue. 

Do you recall any interruption on the network connection or any source of interference that may have interrupted the connection between the camera and the phone? See if the issue persists with your device. If available and accessible, try the same process with a different phone. Make sure your device has enough internal storage capacity (not SD card capacity) to allow your media to get downloaded or imported without any issue. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Admin. No network connection issues. Phone has over 24GB available. I do understand that a 15 minute video is split into chapters. When you tested it, how long did it take to download to the phone you used ? When I tried it says an hour, goes through the process of downloading and then either says cancelled or failed. Have tried using my wifes phone as well and she has more space available than me.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @stoutcrest77332. It took 50 minutes for the files to be successfully downloaded to the app.