Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Panning Issue

[ New ]

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to report firmware bug? Hero 8 has the same problem with panning during smooth shot like Hero 7. Hero's 7 firmware has been updated and that problem gone. I have found many messages on different forums about that issue. That is very annoying because I can't record any smooth cinematic shoot because the picture is panning and lagging. Anything about new firmware?

Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Panning Issue

[ New ]

Not sure if same issue, but have new gopro 8 black and trying to use it to video watersking with camera on a mount that links to ski rope and forces camera to follow the rope so that camera is always pointed towards skier. The stabilization seems fine with hypersmooth on, but software processing results in panned shots that lag the skier and as a result, video shows skier skiing out of the panning picture when reaching the end of the swing (and reversing direction) on the tow rope. I'm thinking the stabilization software does this as part of its stabilizing effect .. but this makes camera unusable for this application. Any suggestions?

Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 Panning Issue

[ New ]

Gopro  had a bug email address that late fall 2019. you can open the feedback  link and report there. ezgif.com-video-to-gif (5).gif