Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 PC connection issues

My laptop does not recognize my new Hero 8. Quick will not connect. It does nt show up as a drive to review videos

Lapop is a windows 10pro laptop. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 PC connection issues

Update: Laptop is new, all usb's are 2 -Type-A USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 1 -Type-A USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port with PowerShare technology.

The GOPRO shows USB connected but nothing happens. System does not find it, not access to Card, Quick does't see it.

Tried on my older laptop, System found it added drive for me to see videos. Open Quick and says nothing to download. All though I can see videos in folder on Explorer.

Bought this to use on Dive trip in 3 days, but so far very dis-appointed none of the GOPRO software seems to support it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Me too,can someone help us?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Check the cable and match to the port  USB type C 2.0 gopro cable was given?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Having the same issue! Windows X, on all usb ports.  Tried a few tutorials on the web about updating drivers... doesn't seem to work.

Windows recognizes it as a hero Black 8 as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

It's your cable.... I tried a better cable (made by anker) and it works.  Apparently the usb C cable that gopro supplies can't do data/MTP properly.  WTF!!