Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8: No HyperSmooth 2.0 High on 4K 60FPS Wide

[ New ]
Doesn’t it suppose to come with every frame rate? It even has Boost on 4K 30FPS...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 8: No HyperSmooth 2.0 High on 4K 60FPS Wide

[ New ]

@nobleshore12788, just an additional info, you can also check out this article for more details about the Hypersmooth 2.0 on HERO8 Black.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
Stabilization is available in all resolutions and frame rates. The level of stabilization will vary for each resolution/frame rate.
Tourist

[ New ]

I got that. However, I feel like it was just marketing strategy. Without HyperSmooth setting High, the difference between HS and HS 2.0 is negligible.

Explorer

[ New ]
Well, of course there is some marketing strategy, however the point about Hypersmooth in every resolution and frame rate was directed more towards 4K (4:3)/30fps, 2.7K/120fps, and 1080p/240fps.

Explorer

[ New ]

In fact, this is how it's introduced

HypersmoothAllResolutions1.png

HypersmoothAllResolutions.png

The point being made wasn't about High or Boost.

Hiker

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
Got it! I didn’t focus on how it was introduced. Personally I expected more improvements over HyperSmooth 1.0, which are HS 2.0 High and Boost. It’s great to add HS to all resolutions/frame rates. But I would like see 4K/60FPS gets HS 2.0 High to perform better stabilization.
Explorer

[ New ]
Understood. Personally, hardly ever use 4K as 2.7K handles most of my needs without the larger file size. Considering the processing power required, I'm still amazed by the HERO7 4K/60fps stabilization. Even a minor upgrade to this is still very impressive.