Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Media Mod update issue

[ New ]
Just received my hero 8 and purchased the media mode with it yet it will not let me update it all I keep seeing is "update failed, try again later." The connection is great and does work like normal but I cannot update.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Media Mod update issue

[ New ]

@aenriquez Please Disregard!

It appears 5th times a charm after all! I deleted the upload from one of the SD cards and redownloaded it and once I plugged the SD card back into my Hero 8 Black the update did go through sucessfully!

Thank you for your help!!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@adama443, sorry to hear about the trouble. If the Over the Air (OTA) update fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device (iOS 12 or newer / Android 7.0 or later). 

If you continue to get the same problem with the wireless update, follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez first of all I am beyond appreciative of your your quick reply and support!

However, sadly the manual update did not work properly either. Just to be sure I downloaded the update on 4 different SD cards all with full storage capacity at 128g and followed all steps required and the update did not even begin.

Secondly, I actually just bought a new iPhoneXS a day ago so it does have iOS 13 and this is the first device I tried using for the OTA update via the GoPro app. To be sure that it was not the GoPro itself and just a phone issue I used and iPad Pro and iPhone X. Now all three devices do fully connect to my GoPro and allow me to view my footage I've recorded on the camera however the iPhone XS and iPad Pro did both lose connection with the GoPro multiple times while trying to video recorded media. 

When attempting to download the update on all three for the first time the update would begin and continue all the way to where the phone or ipad would say done yet the GoPro screen says "Update Failed" each time after the screen does show that it's downloading. 

I've also attempted to update in multiple places to be sure that I'm not experiencing any iterference with bluetooth connectivity or any outsite wifi interference as well.

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez Please Disregard!

It appears 5th times a charm after all! I deleted the upload from one of the SD cards and redownloaded it and once I plugged the SD card back into my Hero 8 Black the update did go through sucessfully!

Thank you for your help!!

GoPro

[ New ]

@adama443, you got it. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!