Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 Hypersmooth issue

Hello, 

I have a problem with my Hero 8 and the Hypersmooth feature. In my opinion, it doesn't work as it should or it doesn't work at all. I use it with Chesty chest mount and do street POV photography. I literally see all the steps I did during the first POV session. I even tried with "ninja walking" but still can clearly see the bouncing effect. I have two friends with Hero 7 and their footage looks way better. 

I wanted to use 4K 30fps, wide, high framerate, boosted Hypersmooth. I've updated the camera to 1.6 version. I only use original batteries. 

What can I do and how can I do it if there is a solution?

Best,

Luke

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 8 Hypersmooth issue

suggest link the vid here.  and I bet the bobbing is the issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

Video link: https://we.tl/t-aQBmqwK2Fe

What do you mean by bobbing is the issue?

Highlighted
Adventurer

@bluedusk34231 wrote:

Hello, 

I have a problem with my Hero 8 and the Hypersmooth feature. In my opinion, it doesn't work as it should or it doesn't work at all. I use it with Chesty chest mount and do street POV photography. I literally see all the steps I did during the first POV session. I even tried with "ninja walking" but still can clearly see the bouncing effect. I have two friends with Hero 7 and their footage looks way better. 

I wanted to use 4K 30fps, wide, high framerate, boosted Hypersmooth. I've updated the camera to 1.6 version. I only use original batteries. 

What can I do and how can I do it if there is a solution?

Best,

Luke

As we all guess the problem, I said bobbing which made no sense  to You, because you were talking about Night time, the camera Jittering in Low level lighting, above i quoted the main topic:

Shoot in 4K or lower resl widen the  FOV, use the whole Image sensor, and increase the Shutter. the camera will  decrease the jittering that we see.  GoPro could  have said, but why will they, we all learn.  This is An Action camera, great for the Daytime outdoor shots.  Once you bring in Night scenes like Tokyo night life  a gopro footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MDY9fl-IA&t=387s

you then have to ask yourself how much work goes into these clips.

Night time use a shutter on the 1/2.3rds sensor I try to double the fps of 24fps to shutter 1/48, 1/96.  That may stop the jitter have SOME not all Hypersmooth  EIS in  but help capture the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltki-AJBvGk

The second of the HERO4: The Adventure of Life in 4K series. New episode every Tuesday. As the sun goes down, Tokyo transforms to a wild and exotic playgroun...
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Adventurer

lower the  fps, and add a shutter speed in night time shots.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you!

I will test it and see if it improved the general performance. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

night shots is a gimbal no Hypersmooth and why did we get the camera?    so Less Pann les movement and shutter   looking forward. to it.