Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 8 Front screen

[ New ]

Just recieved my Hero8 and everything works well except the front LCD screen. It shows nothing. It has the most current software. And the (Full) ops manual does not address anything about turning it on or off. Scoured all setting options on camera and GoPro app with no results. Does anyone have a clue as to what I might be overseeing? Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 Front screen

[ New ]

Update. Worked with all your suggestion and GoPro support team. Gopro is sending a replacement. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jeffb11323

See if reflashing the software will help. Please follow the steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As this is a recent purchase, you may also reach out to the same store you got the camera from.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank You. (I apologize for the late response.) I did try the re-flash before posting, and also did a factory reset which only assigned a new ID number to the camera, and front LCD still doesn't work. I think that I will have to follow your link to C/S on this and see what they do. Thanks again. 

Jeff

Adventurer

[ New ]

ontact gopro for a replacement its to light up not be off.

GoPro

[ New ]

@jeffb11323, thanks for posting back with an update. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further in the next process. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. We appreciate your time and patience throughout the process.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks Fishy! I'll start the process. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Update. Worked with all your suggestion and GoPro support team. Gopro is sending a replacement. Thanks for the help.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for letting us know! @jeffb11323

Feel free to post back if something comes up!

Regards,

Ej