05-08-2020 05:49 AM
Bit of news, as of yesterday:
An upcoming firmware update will make it easy to use a GoPro as a webcam and we’re advancing the already impressive live-streaming capabilities of our cameras to further serve the productivity and communications needs of our customers.
Let's hope that means more options in quality and lense angle while livestreaming.
10 hours ago
IRL streaming is going to get big on Twitch and YouTube, Hero8 seems to have great hardware but there are so many software issues which seem to be "quick wins" to solve:
- Mobile App: Just add an option to save and restore RTMP settings. Some users connect to a static endpoint and don't want to enter all settings ALL THE TIME.
- Make lense, exposure, stabilization etc customizeable for RTMP
- Fix reconnect RTMP issue
Bonus to really satisfy users and to dominate the market:
- implement the things mentioned above
- Streaming without a mobile app
- Adding a public API to connect to the Hero 8 and configure streaming
- Add SRT. This will be big as RTMP is gonna die soon. SRT is much more reliable and Twitch, YouTube are going to support it in a couple of months anway. RTMP is Adobe-Flash-Technology and can't handle unreliable connections.