Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Facebook live video defaults to fisheye

[ New ]

Would like to add my own disappointment over this issue. Smiley Sad

Purchased Hero 8 for a lot of money, changed my settings to Linear, framed up what I'm recording - looks great - press the button to go live, and BAM! it just resets the angle to Wide. 

Totally ruins the stream with ridiculous giant distorted wide angle effect. You're left thinking that you messed something up or missed something. This has to be a bug. These are basic features that make a product fit for the purposes that it's marketed for.

Thank you aragon1006 for reaching out to the developers. This is problem requiring a quick fix! And it's probably an easy fix. 

Please ping the team again for an ETA on a fix, as this is quite frustrating. They can do better than this, I know it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Another person to add to this - love the camera, works great... but fisheye in livestream mode is deal-breaker.  I'm looking into alternatives now to replace this. I hope this thread gets some feedback about GoPro's plans to resolve this issue. :(

Adventurer

[ New ]

As gopro can impliment it to the Firmwarequestion is will they on the hero 8 or will it go into the Hero 9

Tourist

[ New ]

Maybe they fix it for the Hero 11...

Adventurer

[ New ]

Person who is in charge of it should be  told again to add it in and tehy will do it, some one is stopping them from giving what we want, and why?

Tourist

[ New ]

Anyone know if this also happens when streaming to Youtube? 

And is this flaw present in earlier models, or just the Hero 8?

Come on Devs, get this fixed! Robot surprised

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, with Youtube and with RTMP the same **bleep** is going! Not possible to use in close space,  I will have to ask for refund beacuse of that issue...

Adventurer

[ New ]

ti make you feel better the DJI Osmo Action as well. Lol.