Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 8 Facebook live video defaults to fisheye

Hi

i have a hero 8, whenever I live stream the video defaults to fisheye. I have adjusted the settings so that it is on what I want. Created custome settings but whatever video setting I use it defaults to fisheye when streaming live. This, for me, makes the device not fit for purpose....unless, which is highly possible (!!) i have missed a setting somewhere that overrides this.

thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 Facebook live video defaults to fisheye

Hi @simonb26164,

Live stream will always be on Wide FOV but if you selected live and save to SD card then the saved fill will have the FOV you selected.

Highlighted
Hiker

@GoPro Have you seen how many responses youve been receiving about live-streaming issues in your cameras? We need flexible setting: to choose lens angle, to enable stabilization for livestream (now hypersmooth is disabled for GoPro 8 in livestream mode), we need audio, video bitrate settings, I want to move my camera upsidown when I do livestream, but I can’t do that. Fix your firmware. Time has come!!!
Highlighted
Tourist

I also would like to use different lens settings for live streaming, such as near or linear.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

HI, that is the whole point of the question. The lens settings dont work if you are streaming. You only get the fish eye for live streaming.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I realised the fisheye lens setting feature (?) for live streaming yesterday and last time I check I was not a fish...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We have tested further and can confirm that only WIDE FOV is saved when on live stream.

That being said we have sent this feedback to the team in charge.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Adventurer

As my other camera defaults to Warp, gopro is not the only other company that  defaults fisheye (wink)     they default  for reasons, do we have that reason why?  No.