Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 FB Page Live - Android

@GoPro The Android app doesn't have the option to stream live to a Facebook page that we administer. It can only stream to a Facebook account. But this option is available in the IOS version of the app. Pretty strange.... Am I missing some settings or something ? TIA!
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 FB Page Live - Android

@vamsik1256, with the current version of the GoPro App for iOS, the "share to" section has the option to Live Stream to a Facebook page that you manage. If using an Android mobile device, several users were able to live stream to a Facebook Page or Group via RTMP URL. Check out this thread for more information about their workflow: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-live-stream-to-Facebook-PAGE/td-p/241196/page/2

Highlighted
Tourist

I understand you can use the RTMP URL method. But why do I have to go the extra mile to do the same thing that you can easily do in the IOS version of the app. Why can't they just implement the same feature in Android version too?
Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate the feedback, @vamsik1256. Our team is aware of the issue. We will definitely post an update once we have new information. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya I'm quite intrigued to see how long its gonna take to get this update. Shows @GoPro dedication to its customer's service.....
20200510_140631.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Please add the option for Android users to have the same ability as IOS users when it comes to facebook live and facebook pages we manage.

Highlighted
Tourist

Please update Android options soon. many people are looking to stream baseball and softball games to live video because college coaches cannot attend tournaments as of right now.
Highlighted
GoPro

We will pass this along to the team, @adroitpike22032. Thank you for the feedback.