Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 8 Door doesn't Open?

No matter how hard i try or even use a tool to leverage, I cannot open this door. Any suggestions??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 8 Door doesn't Open?

Hopefully this will help, I made a short clip on how to open the battery door on the Hero 8

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Yes do a video, show us what you are doing. if it is not  a straight down then you're doing it wrong.  we have issues   with depositing a check via a app, we walked in to the Bank  we looked like fools, as that was how simple it was for the Clerk to snap the same photo we did  only issue  Isee was our lighting was to bright,

so Possible you are  titling as you are opening.

Highlighted
Tourist

I’m having the exact same issue. Did you get it sorted? Literally just unboxed.
Highlighted
Hiker

Be creative and try to figure it out, show us a video and read the instruction manual (that thing no one reads). Don't expect to know everything about it, or asume that there's something wrong with it, only 3 hours after unboxing it. It's a new release and a new product that just came out. 

Highlighted
Tourist

It required a metal pry to open. Don’t think the issue’s with me. This is a terribly designed door and embarrassing that it made it out of development.

Just noticed the same thing mentioned in multiple reviews as well. Seems like GoPro may be replacing these with a redesigned door.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @foggyflare30124

You may refer to this article HERO8 Black - How to Operate the Side Door

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Got a similar issue, even contacted gopro about that, but they say it's fine... but to be honest, it got much better since it was new. When it was new, i had to really force it open using both hadns fingers on the latch to make enough pressure to pop it open. But I've open/closed it about 50 times when the door was not locked and now it's all good. So I recommend doing so after first opening it...

Highlighted
Nomad

Hopefully this will help, I made a short clip on how to open the battery door on the Hero 8