Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 8: Change playback speed when utilizing media mod HDMI out

Hello,

I recently purchased the new GoPro Hero 8, and media mod. Specifically for use of slowmotion at 240FPS/1080P. When reviewing footage through the HDMI out, the playback speed option is unavailable. Can you please explain a way to adjust plyback speed through the HDMI out.

If i change the playback speed prior to plugging in, sometimes it will display the clips in slomo, but having the ability to adjust speed through the media mod interface would be necessary.

I find it pretty odd that you would develop a specific media mod (at $80) to output footage directly from a branded high FPS camera that doesnt allow you to slow the speed down. There are quite a few threads about playback speed, on the Hero 7 as well. Can someone please let me know if there is plans to add this feature in the next patch?

Thank you

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8: Change playback speed when utilizing media mod HDMI out

Hello, @braverange26738. Apologies for the delayed response. At this time, the speed option for slow-motion is not supported on playback with HDMI out on Media Mod. We have shared this feedback with the team. Thanks!