Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Camera Keeps Freezing

[ New ]

I have 5 hero 8 cameras all running simotaneously in the same environment.  It is not overheating, it just freezes up, the blinking red light turns to a solid red light, and the file is damaged.  It won't turn off, or even stop recording, you have to take the battery out and put it back in before the camera will do anything.  It will "repair" the file....sometimes.  

I have already updated it to the latest firmware manually, tried a different battery, and a different sim card from a known working camera.  It is only about 3 months old and was working fine up to this piont.  It's never seen water, or been dropped.  How do I send it in for repair in Australia? 

GoPro

Re: Hero 8 Camera Keeps Freezing

[ New ]

Hi @nicetree2278

What SD cards are you using? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

Let our Support Team check on this further. You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your cameras' serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I am using the SanDisk Extreme 64gb XC 1 card

Tourist

[ New ]

Okay, looks like there are more problems than just freezing up.  I did a hard reformat of the SD card, and now the camera will not even power on.  I tried multiple fully charged batteries, as well as plugging it in using the  GoPro type C cabel to outlet power and nothing.  I would like to send this in to get repaired or replaced.  I purchased it in Australia and would like to sent it into Australia.  What are the steps to do this?

GoPro

[ New ]

@nicetree2278, we'd like to gather more details about the issue so we can help you better. When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. Thanks!