Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

I just purchased the Hero 8 Black last week from the GoPro online store. I recieved it Monday and opened the box up yesterday (Wednesday). After turning it on, the camera does not respond to any touch and I am unable to set up the camera to the english setting or move on from there.

Nomad

Re: Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

First of all, how are you powering on your camera?  Are you using the button on the side (power/mode) or the button on the top of the camera (shutter/quick capture)?

If you use the button on the top of the camera it will start "Quick capture" mode which will instantly record video, but will also lock out all the menu settings.  When you press the button again it will power off your camera.

So make sure you are powering on your camera using the "mode/power" button on the side of the camera.

Also make sure that you have removed the protective film from the  rear screen of the camera as this may cause it to not respond to finger touches.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am powering it on with the power button and have also removed the protective film over the rear screen. 

C98D4681-51C7-4161-9B14-E00C12B6BF97.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

This is very strange indeed, so here's what you can try.

Hold the power button down for 10 seconds and that will do a factory reset on your camera.

Should that not work, try perfoming a manual update of the firmeware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVTYclGorU

In this video I show you how to manually update the firmware on your GoPro. This video was made using the GoPro Hero 8 however the exact same procedure appl...