Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 8 Black, gap between front case and lens.

My gopro was accidently fallen from the chair and I noticed that there is a gap between the front case (body part) and the upper part of lens as you can see it on the picture. Not sure wheather it is caused from the drop or it is like that from the beginning. what I want to know is does it have something with waterproof?

KakaoTalk_Photo_20200814_1100_24434.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 Black, gap between front case and lens.

Sorry wrong picture

KakaoTalk_Photo_20200814_1100_56327.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

If you feel the damage  has caused an issue, please contact gopro and  use the chat. the lens is   secured by a pressure tab and adhesive.

Highlighted
Hiker

I did it but it was very disappointing. Gopro 8 parts are not replaceable like previous models. So I wants to change it to new one for free cuz I subscribe gopro plus but it is not possible in Korea. I bought it when I lived in the Netherlands and this free exchange only apply for European customer and Japan and some other countries. so my option is just using housing or ... glue the gap flawlessly?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Please contact gopro, you know how to buy the camera, get the plus and post your questions.  gopro.com/help