Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Black fast battery drain

[ New ]

I just bought my first GoPro, the Hero 8. The battery seems to drain really fast. when im just scrolling through the settings and the different modes the battery goes down 1-2% every minute, is that normal? Also i left it to record a night lapse photo for about an hour and a half, when i came back the battery was at 15% from a full charge. Just wondering if i should be worried or this is normal.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Hero 8 Black fast battery drain

[ New ]

That's about right for the battery drain.  It's hard to get an hour and fifteen minutes of the cam total, after all, it's doing a heck of a lot of intensive processing which fairly sucks on juice, plus it's a tiny battery.  So yeah, 1-2% just scrolling through menu's for a minute is about right.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]
Depending some settings. Screen saver, lcd brightness, vocal commands, wifi, gps...
Nomad

[ New ]

That's about right for the battery drain.  It's hard to get an hour and fifteen minutes of the cam total, after all, it's doing a heck of a lot of intensive processing which fairly sucks on juice, plus it's a tiny battery.  So yeah, 1-2% just scrolling through menu's for a minute is about right.